Lee’s Summit Physicians Group specializes in both Pediatric and Internal Medicine that offers personalized, preventive and primary care for infants, children, adolescents and adults of all ages. LSPG, Inc. was established in 1981 and operates four facilities within the KC Metro Area. Many of LSPG facilities offer Urgent Care services in addition to scheduled appointments.
LSPG experienced many pain points related to their financial and operations reporting needs. The situation stemmed primarily from limited capabilities of current platforms coupled with the inability to access necessary data within their eMD system.
LSPG’s primary goal was to have centralized access to applicable data, that:
- Is accessible to key decision makers in a timely manner.
- Will eliminate barriers for future business decisions.
- Will provide KPI visualizations.
- Will serve as the primary source for triggered, custom ailment and/or patient treatment reports.
- Will be scalable and flexible enough to support future growth and reporting demands.
- Is stored securely and complies with all PHI and HIPAA compliance regulations.
During the initial discovery process, the client realized that they did not have the available resources in-house to accomplish the desired objectives. The client acknowledged they had the proper software, hardware and support staff, but was lacking in data management expertise.
In an effort to control costs and obtain necessary resources, the client engaged DatumLabs, to leverage the DatumKey Healthcare (DKH) platform. DKH is DatumLabs proprietary Platform as a Managed Service designed specifically to support healthcare facilities’ data needs. DKH securely accesses data by protecting known PHI and complying with all HIPAA regulations.
DKH integrated seamlessly with their EMR (eMD) and financial software (QuickBooks) to provided centralized access to the following data.
- Urgent Care Metrics
- Provider and Insurance metrics
- Diagnostic and Treatment metrics
- Eliminated the inefficient, costly and frustrating manual reporting processes.
- Enabled automated treatment-indicator reports.
- Provided a secure, dedicated reporting portal.
- Enabled key stakeholders to view Year-over-Year performance and trend summaries.
- Provided self-servicing access to necessary data that allowed them to completely cut extra costs associated with manual, reporting tasks completed by a contracted accounting firm. (~ $4k/month)
- Eliminated risks associated with manual report generation.